Profile image for Ciren_jill

Who knows anything about AV? Had a chat about the local election with various friends, and most of them don't even know the referendum is happening, let alone that there is a poll on May 5. I'm really pretty surprised. Is anyone actually going to vote?

By Ciren_jill at 12:08 on 04/04/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for RupertJ

You're right that not many people seem to be talking about it - guess there's other big news happening at the moment which is keep the referendum out of the headlines. I won't be surprised if many of the people who vote are those who are determined to keep the status quo (first past the post) - apathy prevents change!

By RupertJ at 22:06 on 09/04/11

• Profile image for Ciren_jill

I agree, except that those most likely to make the effort are going to be those who want change, which I think gives pro-AV supporters the edge, even if most of them have no idea how to calculate the results! I think there should have been a minimum turnout requirement - if hardly anyone votes then a huge change will go through without anyone realising what's happened.

By Ciren_jill at 14:11 on 12/04/11

• Profile image for RupertJ

Definitely - like you say, it's pointless having such a monumental change if hardly anyone's been informed properly about exactly what's happening. Not sure the pro-AV voters are much more likely to turn out than the anti-AV voters though - could be even stevens among the tiny numbers of people from each side!

By RupertJ at 19:40 on 13/04/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent